Friday, June 02, 2017

Poetry Friday -- Call For Roundup Hosts



It's that time again. Six months have passed since last we queued up to host the Poetry Friday roundups.

If you'd like to host a roundup between June and December 2017, leave your choice(s) of date(s) in the comments. I'll update regularly to make it easier to see which dates have been claimed.

What is the Poetry Friday roundup? A gathering of links to posts featuring original or shared poems, or reviews of poetry books. A carnival of poetry posts. Here is an explanation that Rene LaTulippe shared on her blog, No Water River, and here is an article Susan Thomsen wrote for the Poetry Foundation.

Who can do the Poetry Friday roundup? Anyone who is willing to gather the links in some way, shape or form (Mr. Linky, "old school" in the comments-->annotated in the post, or ???) on the Friday of your choice. If you are new to the Poetry Friday community, jump right in, but perhaps choose a date later on so that we can spend some time getting to know each other.

How do you do a Poetry Friday roundup? If you're not sure, stick around for a couple of weeks and watch...and learn! One thing we're finding out is that folks who schedule their posts, or who live in a different time zone than you, appreciate it when the roundup post goes live sometime on Thursday.

How do I get the code for the PF Roundup Schedule for the sidebar of my blog? You can grab the list from the sidebar here at A Year of Reading, or I'd be happy to send it to you if you leave me your email address. You can always find the schedule on the Kidlitosphere Central webpage.

Why would I do a Poetry Friday Roundup? Community, community, community. It's like hosting a poetry party on your blog!

And now for the where and when:

July
7  Carol at Beyond Literacy Link
14 Tabatha at The Opposite of Indifference
21 Katie at The Logonauts
28 Linda at A Word Edgewise

August
4  Donna at Mainely Write
11 Margaret at Reflections on the Teche
18 Kay at A Journey Through the Pages
25 Jone at Check it Out

September
1  Kat at Kathryn Apel
8  Matt at Radio, Rhythm & Rhyme
15 Michelle at Today's Little Ditty
22 Amy at The Poem Farm
29 Laura at Writing the World for Kids

October
6  Violet at Violet Nesdoly | Poems
13 Irene at Live Your Poem
20 Leigh Ann at A Day in the Life
27 Brenda at Friendly Fairy Tales

November
3  Linda at TeacherDance
10 Jama at Jama's Alphabet Soup
17 Jane at Raincity Librarian
24 Carol at Carol's Corner

December
1 Mary Lee at A Year of Reading
8 Lisa at Steps and Staircases
15 Diane at Random Noodling
22 Buffy at Buffy's Blog
29 Heidi at My Juicy Little Universe


35 comments:

  1. Thank you for always being here to round us up. If September 22 is still open, I'd love it. Thank you so much. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Lee, Thank you, as always, for organizing. I would love to take Sept 22!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for organizing us. I'd like to take August 11th. It's my birthday, so I won't forget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:48 AM

    Hi Mary Lee. Thanks for organising this. I'm hoping I can get that linky thing working. (A new thing for me to try between now & when...) I'll say 1st September for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to host again! I would like July 21 or 28th, please. Thanks!

    - Katie @ The Logonauts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take October 27 and be spooky. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary Lee - put me down for Oct. 13, please! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Mary Lee! May I have September 15th, please? (Or the 8th would be okay too.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary Lee, thank you for planning! I'd love Nov. 3rd, please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary Lee, I will open up the summer calendar with July 7th if that is available. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In addition to Sep 29, I can take Dec 1 or 8 if you end up short of hosts. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi ML! I can take July 14 or Sept 8.
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. November 10? Thanks for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Cousin, if you need someone to fill in, just stick me in wherever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can host on December 22nd--thanks for organizing again, Mary Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to be a first-time host! I could take one of those November or December spots?

    ReplyDelete
  17. August 25 for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for organizing! I'll take August 18.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a newbie, so not ready to host just yet, but am thrilled PF continues through the summer! -- Christie @ https://wonderingandwondering.wordpress.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're glad you've joined us! The next chance to sign up to host is December for the January-June schedule, so if you want one of those December slots, give a shout!

      Delete
    2. PF is forever! Woo-hoo!

      Delete
  20. I'd love to host July 28th!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll take December 1.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Is September 8 still open? I will take that or any other date available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait! Make August 4 my first choice, Sept. 8 second choice, any other my third choice! LOL!

      Delete
  23. Mary Lee, I would be a first timer to host but would be willing to take either Oct. 20th or Dec. 8th if they are still available.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'll do November 24th. Or another date if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can give it another go for December 8th. We made it work on Tumblr before. Let me know if that won't work/or you'd rather not use Tumblr for hosting the poetry round up (I understand)--> otherwise, I will assume it's OK : ) Thanks, Mary Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mary Lee, I'd love to take Sept. 8, if it's still available!

    ReplyDelete
  27. If no one else wants it, you can put me in for December 15. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aw, dang--I knew it was time and I looked for this last week--too EARLY if you can believe it. I think all that's left if December 29, which works okay for me, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  29. And thank you, Mary Lee, for so dependably rounding up the roundup every six months! You are greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I see October 6th is still open. If it is, I'd be delighted to claim it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. THE ROUNDUP IS COMPLETE!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.