Tuesday, January 13, 2009

CHANGE HAS COME: AN ARTIST CELEBRATES OUR AMERICAN SPIRIT

I just picked up a great little book by Kadir Nelson:  CHANGE HAS COME:  AN ARTIST CELEBRATES OUR AMERICAN SPIRIT.  Kadir Nelson's drawings of the American spirit accompany Barack Obama's words.  A tiny inpsirational book with words that serve as a reflection and a celebration.  It is a pretty amazing little book that I just needed to have.  It might be a good one for some to read on Inauguration Day.  Really, I am not sure how Kadir Nelson is doing it these days.  Every time I turn around, it seems that he has another great book out there and each one is as amazing as the last one.  We are lucky to have him in the children's book world.

6 comments:

  1. Obama and Kadir Nelson. Oh, I need this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kadir Nelson is one of my favorites. Obama, and then he has a Coretta Scott King and Lincoln book out this month too. Bookies here I come!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this sounds like a winning team to me! THanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK. YOU. Woot! Must see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:57 AM

    Ooooh. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

    I, too, saw the combo on Amazon Carol referred to & it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want this book! I have one more gift certificate from Christmas and I am going to get this book. I was just waiting for it to come out! Thanks for posting this today.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.