Sunday, January 18, 2009

CHICKEN CHEEKS by Michael Ian Black

How could I not get this book called CHICKEN CHEEKS by Michael Ian Black?  I have a lot of books that I use to talk to kids about words and I had to add this one to my collection.  What can be funnier than lots of words used to talk about bottoms?  The inside flap of this book says, "This is a story with a beginning, a middle, and a whole lot of ends."  And that it is!  A bear is trying to get honey from the top of a VERY tall tree. So, he gets the help of lots of friends, piling one on top of each other until the reach the top.  On each page, the bear has the view of yet another"bottom".  So, each page consists of only 2 words--Such as "moose caboose" and "flamingo fanny".The bright amusing illustrations add to the fun.  Definitely hysterical if you ask me!  It will be a fun one to just read for fun.  It would also be a fun one to use when talking about words, word choice, synonyms, etc.  

9 comments:

  1. What kid wouldn't love this book? Definitely a must have for this teacher! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sounds hilarious! I'll have to add it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny stuff! I envision Bill having all sorts of fun with this one in the Pit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Ian Black is a hysterical comedian! He appears on all of those I Love the 70's & 80's shows. I can imagine this book really highlights his humor!

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, this sounds like one my five year old would love. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just spent the last eight hours with seven fifteen year old boys who are currently smearing onion dip and cake into the carpet in my family room! I need this book!!!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahhha...gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book looks great. I must get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great for building vocabulary - and fun, too!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.