Sunday, January 04, 2009

JOIN THE ELEMENTARY GROUP ON THE ENGLISH COMPANION NING!

We have been part of English Companion NING for a few weeks. No, we really don't know what a NING is but we played on it for a while and now we get it.  (Remember, we didn't know what a blog was for a while either.)  There have been some great conversations going on at the NING and it has grown like crazy since Jim Burke started it. Lots of smart people sharing their thinking. 

We thought it would be nice to have a group that discussed issues specific to elementary. So, we started one! And we started a discussion there about read aloud just because it's what we've been thinking about lately.  

Anyway, we hope you all join us over at English Companion (www.englishcompanion.ning.com). Here's the thing. Don't not join because you don't know what a NING is. We'll all figure it out together. And it is one of those things that you can put as little or as much time into it as you like--when the conversations interest you. Once you get on, you'll probably find 5-6 groups you'll want to join.  Definitely check it out. Then, sign in and find the elementary group and then find others.  Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. That Jan 26 get-together sounds good, but I'll have to finagle my schedule. I generally work til 6 on Mondays. I'm also going to have to investigate more of those blogs! Thanks for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just joined! See you @ ning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ning at book blogs and others and this ning sounds like my kinda ning! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been joining Nings too but it seems like everything else I don't have time to go back and keep up with the conversations. I joined one on using smartboards, one on google earth, and a couple librarian ones. It's fun but a little scattered. I am interested to see how it develops.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.