Friday, June 19, 2009

Poetry Friday -- Not a Poem

No poem this week. Instead, a quote from home safe by Elizabeth Berg:

"She opens the novel again, reads one page, another. Then another. And finally, everything in her own life surrenders to the one being presented here. An uneasy pain thins, lifts, disappears. Dan once had a friend who died from metastatic cancer. Toward the end, Dan visited him with some frequency; and each time he would call before going, to see what his friend might want or need. Each time, his friend requested the same thing: books." (p.39)

The round up this week is at Carol's Corner.

6 comments:

  1. Great quote, ML! I love Elizabeth Berg and want to read home safe. A summer treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote. And perfect prose is poetry, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jama, I recommend HOME SAFE. Classic Elizabeth Berg.

    Karen, I almost wrote this quote out as a found poem, but I resisted. I also resisted any commentary. I am still resisting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would request the same. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice.

    Man, it's been a while since I've read one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful! I also enjoyed The Year of Pleasures by this same author.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.