Wednesday, September 02, 2009

BINKY THE SPACE CAT by Ashley Spires


I think I may have found a character that I love as much as I love Scaredy Squirrel. Actually, I am thinking that Scaredy Squirrel and this new character could become great friends. The character I am writing about is Binky, the Space Cat. He stars in a brand new graphic novel, BINKY THE SPACE CAT, by Ashley Spires and he is one of the best characters ever! Binky is a pet cat who has an odd shape about him (he is shaped like a football.) Binky is introduced to us at the beginning of the book like this:

"Binky is a space cat.
Unlike your average cat,
HE has a purpose.
His mission is to one day blast off into outer space...
To explore unknown places...
and to battle alien criminals.
Actually, Binky hasn't ever been outside."

How can you not love him by page 10? Binky lives with "one big human and one small human" and he works hard to protect them. So hard that he has become an official "Space Cat". He spends his time protecting his humans from alien invasions. And he is busy preparing for his first trip to space.

The book is just too fun. The character is funny and one you will love right away. It is a great beginning graphic novel that even young children can enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. What's this??? You found a graphic novel before I did?!?!! How can this be???

    Let me guess...Beth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as Scaredy Squirrel??? Wow. That's high praise. I must find this Binky The Space Cat pronto. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your review and I agree completely :) Binky is such a great character. I loved everything about this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this sounds funny! And I love Scaredy Squirrel, too. Thanks for the great reviews.

    Do you know I link to you? I think you're fabulous and love all the literature you introduce to the online world.

    Thanks,

    Melissa
    http://imaginationsoup.net

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.