Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2011 Cybils


The 2011 winners have been announced!

Go on over to the Cybils website, take a peek, and come back to comment -- Any surprises? Any particular favorites?

I was lucky enough to be able to work with Poetry Organizer Jone Rush MacCulloch (Check it Out), and Judges Julie Larios (The Drift Record), Diane Mayr (Random Noodling), Laura Purdie Salas (Writing the World for Kids) and Andi Sibley (a wrung sponge) in the final round judging of the Poetry category.

6 comments:

  1. Can't even imagine how hard the final round judging must have been! REQUIEM is such a powerful book! Was excited that I had read more of the winners than I had for the ALA awards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ma'am, our judging was hard! I'm glad you approve of our choice!!

      Delete
  2. Just bought Nerd Camp, I Feel Better With a Frog in My Throat and Anna Hibiscus. Love CYBILS DAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to check out Frog in My Throat. Sounds like lots of fun!

      How have we/I missed Anna Hibiscus? Time to change that.

      Delete
  3. There are a few I hadn't heard of, but mostly the picture books like Frog In My Throat. Congratulations on completing your task. Requiem just arrived in our library-quite a beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoveloveLOVE Zita the Space Girl! And I can't wait to check out the winning app! (All of the finalists, in fact...)

      Delete

Comment moderation is turned on.