Wednesday, February 01, 2012

PLANT A KISS by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Plant a Kiss
by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds
Harper, 2012

One of my favorite songs as a child was "Lollipop Tree" sung by Burl Ives. I loved the idea that you could plant a lollipop stick and grow a lollipop tree that would produce candy in good weather and ice cream cones in the winter. (Matter of fact, I still love that idea!)

In this sweet, simple and GLITTERY book by the sure-fire team of Rosenthal and Reynolds, Little Miss plants a kiss. She cares for it and waits, waits, waits. Finally, there is a sprout. Everyone comes to see, and Little Miss shares it all. But it's not really gone. "...she learned...from one little kiss...endless bliss!"

This is a great book for my theme tub. Our students need experience with books like this whose themes are stated as well as those with themes that are implied.


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this author!!! Thanks for a lead on a delightful new treasure.

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess it's time for all things red and white, love and kisses. The trailer makes it look just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds great!! The illustrations are so cute too.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you posted about this. My girls and I have been watching the You Tube trailer over and over. I pre-ordered the book and am hoping that it will arrive for Valentine's Day. I can't wait to see the full book.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.