Friday, December 04, 2015

Poetry Friday -- Call for Roundup Hosts



It's that time again. Six months have passed since last we queued up to host the Poetry Friday roundups.

If you'd like to host a roundup between January and June 2016, leave your choice(s) of date(s) in the comments. I'll update regularly to make it easier to see which dates have been claimed.

What is the Poetry Friday roundup? A gathering of links to posts featuring original or shared poems, or reviews of poetry books. A carnival of poetry posts. Here is an explanation that Rene LaTulippe shared on her blog, No Water River, and here is an article Susan Thomsen wrote for the Poetry Foundation.

Who can do the Poetry Friday roundup? Anyone who is willing to gather the links in some way, shape or form (Mr. Linky, "old school" in the comments-->annotated in the post, or ???) on the Friday of your choice. If you are new to the Poetry Friday community, jump right in, but perhaps choose a date later on so that we can spend some time getting to know each other.

How do you do a Poetry Friday roundup? If you're not sure, stick around for a couple of weeks and watch...and learn! One thing we're finding out is that folks who schedule their posts, or who live in a different time zone than you, appreciate it when the roundup post goes live sometime on Thursday.

How do I get the code for the PF Roundup Schedule for the sidebar of my blog? I'll post it in the files on the Kidlitosphere Yahoo group, and I'd be happy to send it to you if you leave me your email address. Speaking of the the Kidlitosphere Yahoo group, I'll try to set up reminders on the calendar there (currently it's not letting me in). Plus, I'll put the schedule on the Kidlitosphere Central webpage.

Why would I do a Poetry Friday Roundup? Community, community, community. It's like hosting a poetry party on your blog!

And now for the where and when:

January
1 Mary Lee at A Year of Reading
15 Keri at Keri Recommends
22 Tara at A Teaching Life
29 Catherine at Reading to the Core

February
12 Kimberley at Moran Reflections
19 Donna at Mainely Write

March
4 Linda at TeacherDance
11 Irene at Live Your Poem

April
1 Amy at The Poem Farm
15 Michelle at Today's Little Ditty
29 Buffy at Buffy's Blog

May
6 Sylvia at Poetry for Children
20 Margaret at Reflections on the Teche
27 Julie at The Drift Record

June
3 Jone at Check it Out
10 Carol at Beyond LiteracyLink
17 Carol at Carol's Corner
24 Diane at Random Noodling




29 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Lee - I'll take March 11. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Lee--thanks for organizing us every 6 months. Can I have February 26th?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary Lee, thanks again for taking care of this! I can take January 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary Lee, our organizing guru! I'll take 4/8 please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang it, I messed up- already have something scheduled for 4/8. How 'bout 4/15 instead?

      Delete
  5. Thank you once again, Mary Lee! May I please have April Fool's Day? ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mary Lee. I would like March 4th, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shoot, Amy beat me to it! May I ask for April 15? And could you please send me the html code for all the hosts when the dust settles? Thanks for organizing this, Mary Lee! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. April 22, please. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Mary Lee! I'll take February 12. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary Lee,
    Could I take April 29? Thanks for organizing us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary Lee!! May I have Jan. 15? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary Lee..thanks so much for organizing this! I'll have January 20th. please.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:19 PM

    Could I have January 29th? Thank you for organizing, Mary Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll do June 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll take April 8th. Thanks, Mary Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll take May 13th - and thanks so much for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Mary Lee - and thanks for always rounding us up! I'll take March 18 if it's still available? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Mary Lee! I can take either February date, so please feel free to slot me in for one of those if still available.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mary Lee, I'd like to have Feb. 19 if it is still open! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Mary Lee - I'd be happy to do the round-up on May 27th if it's still available. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mary Lee, I would like to be involved. May I take June 10th? I will also need a brief tutorial on the best format to roll out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are full already? Wow! May 20 or June 3 work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't do June 3 because my daughter is having a baby that week! I guess that leaves June 24.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. And...that's a wrap! We've got our schedule for the next six months. Let me know if you want me to send you the code for your sidebar. THANKS, all!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm finally getting around to reading Poetry Friday posts from last week, only to find that I missed the list again. Please let me know if you need a stand in. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.