Monday, February 22, 2016

Manatee Rescue by Nicola Davies



Manatee Rescue
by Nicola Davies
Candlewick, January 2016

I read aloud The Lion Who Stole My Arm by Nicola Davies earlier this year (see post here). In that book, an African boy who is maimed by a lion attack wants to get revenge on the lion that hurt him...until he learns about lion conservation and how much tourist money lions bring to his country.

I was thrilled to see that Nicola Davies is writing a series -- Heroes of the Wild. The newest in the series is Manatee Rescue. The manatees in this book live in the Amazon River, and the characters are indigenous people.

These are quick reads -- only about 95 pages, with an epilogue that gets them to 100. The books are illustrated with pen and ink drawings by Annabel Wright.

I can't wait for a kid reader to pick this up and give me their insights into the story!


2 comments:

  1. I love Nicola Davies' writing, but have never seen this series. Thank you for letting me know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds unusual! I still haven't read the lion one but keep seeing it talked about. It's on my list! Thanks for news of this new one.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.