Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Food Gift Ideas

Happy Blogversary HipWriterMama!

In her anniversary post, HWM, asks us about teacher gift ideas which got me thinking about good gift ideas for lots of people. Of course, I think books always make good gifts but it is hard to know what people already have, etc. I don't often have trouble finding gifts for teachers but I always struggle with new ideas for people who I am not sure what they'd like. I do lots of food gifts. This year, we bought some Mrs. Prindables Gourmet Apples. I have also had big success with giving from these great Ohio companies and would highly recommend gifts from all of these (I would also recommend ordering some for yourself as they are all quite delicious!):

Cheryl's Cookies
Anthony Thomas Buckeyes
Great Harvest Bread
Brownie Points

But, I am always looking for other food ideas to send to people on my holiday gift list. If you have any great food/gift ideas that you've had success with, I'd love to hear about them. I think food is a great gift--especially for out-of-town relatives and friends. So I'd love to hear any ideas.

6 comments:

  1. I like to make homemade candy/chocolates. You get a lot of bang for your buck - that is, it looks impressive, but is actually quite easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are two more Ohio food companies that have GREAT gifts: Pam's Popcorn (in North Market) and Krema Nut Company (my lifesaver last year at this time when, after back surgery, I could not shop!).

    It's not an Ohio company, but the BEST EVER peanuts come from Hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stone-ground grits from Falls Mill, Tenn.! The best! You can order them from the Loveless Cafe's web site. Loveless is an old-timey restaurant in Nashville; if you're ever in middle Tennessee, take a drive out there and for a breakfast of country ham, biscuits with gravy, and grits! It's way out on the west side of town.

    lovelesscafe.com

    Susan T.
    Chicken Spaghetti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Franki!

    I put homemade chocolate sauce and put it in jars, pretty cellophane bag, ribbon and it's good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot, this toffee is addictive and a total splurge, but worth every penny...Enstrom's toffee.

    http://www.enstrom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sending Edible Arrangements! They're fresh fruit bouquets -- beautiful, and a healthier alternative to all the chocolate and baked goods we get this time of year (although you CAN dip the fruit in chocolate if you want). Check out ediblearrangements.com to see if there's a store near you.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.