Friday, September 03, 2010

Poetry Friday -- Okay, I Won't Complain


ONE TIME MY DAD
by Richard E. McMullen

One time my dad said to me, I don't
see why people complain about how hard they work
or how tired they are. Nobody works hard but
farmers, miners, lumberjacks and foundry workers.

(the rest of the poem is at at The Writer's Almanac)




Here's hoping you have an enjoyable Labor Day weekend, whether that means a long weekend of rest, or a long weekend with a long to-do list (sigh).

Susan has the Poetry Friday roundup this week at Susan Writes.

4 comments:

  1. Mary Lee,
    This poem reminds me of someone I just met, a 92-year-old pipeline walker. His stories invigorated me and reminded me of a whole world of different work. Thank you for this!
    A wonderful long weekend to you.
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't complain either. :) Thanks, Mary Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I won't even THINK about complaining!

    Hope you had a good week. My fourth grader loves her class :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No complaining here, either. What a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.