Saturday, January 26, 2013

Orbis Pictus Award Winner

On Friday, NCTE announced its Orbis Pictus Award for Outstanding Nonfiction for Children. The winner was Monsieur Marceau: Actor Without Words by Leda Schubert.  I had not seen the book before so I am thrilled to discover a new nonfiction picture book!



If you have not had time to visit the Orbis Pictus site, there is also a list of Orbis Pictus Honor Books as well as a recommended nonfiction book list. This is always an amazing list for nonfiction for children and I always look forward to reading many books on the list.




1 comment:

  1. Perfect timing! I am putting together a CCIRA presentation on picture books for older kids. Just went and looked at the Orbis Pictus site- I don't think I've read more than one or two of them! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.