Saturday, January 18, 2014

Celebrate!

Check out all the celebrations at www.ruthayreswrites.com


Today I'm celebrating my school mailbox. 

Not because it gets filled with fliers to be passed out, 
paper work to be filled out, 
and junk mail to be tossed out 
(into the recycling bin, of course).

I'm celebrating my school mailbox 
because of the surprises I found there this week:







The first was from Franki. My OLW. It calms me down just to look at it. I wear it on my watch wrist, so when I check the time, it's always "time to breathe." 

The second is a long-standing joke with a friend who shares my love of Russell Stover Coconut Cream and Maple Cream Easter eggs. As soon as the Christmas candy is reduced to 50% and the Valentine's Day candy appears, we're on the lookout for the first sighting of the Russell Stover eggs. Whoever finds them first sends the other a pair. Julia wins this year. Bonus points for sending them interoffice mail in the exact same (perfect-sized) box I used last year. 



17 comments:

  1. Two lovely things-love the cream egg competition! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed with loving and thoughtful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful friends! IT's the little things we do for each other that mean the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:08 AM

    Great treats! What a great idea too to have a physical visible reminder of your OLW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Love that treat. And what a great reminder! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - your mailbox was a happy place this week, Mary Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MaryLee your post makes me smile and I must say the food pic is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both the treat and your word breathe. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun week! Isn't it great to have jewelry with your word? I have believe on a bracelet and earrings. I love the candy find and the contest. Great photo of the candy. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great gift and reminder. Candy is always a celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OLW bracelet!! Beautiful! Ongoing joke with a friend, priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you found small but meaningful things to celebrate --sometimes it is the little things that make the biggest difference!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to look at something that I usually dread in a way that's joy-filled and happy! You've given me an idea...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really do have terrific friends! I love the bracelet, Franki, and the chocolate contest is way too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what fun! Coconut (yum) candy and breathing room. Thanks for sharing your mailbox celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Impressive food photography!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun to get those surprises in your mailbox. I love the bracelet!!! Too funny about the candy. ;-) Those are the little things that make us celebrate life!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.