Monday, April 28, 2014

Our Wonderful World.28

Details of my Poetry Month Project can be found here.


28. Chocolate Cake

Abecedarian Cake Love

A
birthday
cake --
decadent,
elegant,
frosting
gobbed
high --
I
justify
knifing
loose
my
notch --
objectify
perfection,
qualify
restraint,
savor
tastes
until...
voicing
with
eXuberance:
YUMMY!
amaZing!

©Mary Lee Hahn, 2014


This is not the first time my cake-baking has found its way into my poetry. Here's my Birthday Cake poem from NaPoWriMo12. And if you've visited this blog with any regularity, you've seen my cake in many a monthly photo mosaic.  My cake even showed up in a post on structure vs. freedom.

In a couple of weeks, I'll be baking a carrot cake for my friend Lisa's birthday. Change is good, and it's loads of fun to spell out her name in little cream-cheese-frosting carrots! Stay tuned for pictures!



Today Kevin tells the story of the last chocolate in the tin at Kevin's Meandering Mind.

Jone joins in with both a sunrise poem and a chocolate poem at Deo Writer.

9 comments:

  1. It seemed like a good day to go lighthearted, in a prose poem format.
    http://dogtrax.edublogs.org/2014/04/28/wonder-poem-the-chocolate-sat-no-more/
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this cake, chocolate is my favorite, did you share a recipe before? I feel like you may have, but I can't find it in my links. I am feeling the need to bake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love this! What a well-baked cake poem. :) And yes, definitely a wonder of the world in my life! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Love this poem. I like that that you used just one word for each letters. I catch up with Sunrise and Chocolate: http://deowriter.wordpress.com/2014/04/27/napowrimo-day-28-sunrise-and-chocolate/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lee, In anticipation of your poem today, and in celebration of good times & good food, I made your cake yesterday! So decadent--You can see a picture here: http://stepsandstaircases.tumblr.com/post/84146161280/learning-new-recipes-making-something-from

    Thank you for the cake and the fun poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. Sigh. Drool. Admire. Happy. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEED a big piece of chocolate cake. Yum!
    http://carolwscorner.blogspot.com/2014/04/poem-28-chocolate.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:09 AM

    As a fellow chocolate lover and cake-baker, this poem goes right to my heart. I am in awe of your talent for choosing exactly the right format for each poem; this is perfection.
    Thank you for sharing this project, Mary Lee. Although I've been one of those "intermittent wanderers," I've enjoyed following along on your journey. I do hope to be back later with something for imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tech Boy baked a chocolate cake last week for his coworkers, in honor of this poem to come!!

    I was a little envious. I couldn't justify knifing a new notch in my belt, sadly...

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.