Thursday, March 01, 2018

31 Teaching Truths

Photo by Fischer Twins via Unsplash

1. Being a part of a supportive and collaborative team (be it grade level or subject or building) is one of the most important safety nets for the high wire balancing act that is also known as teaching.





I am not going to join the Slice of Life community because I cannot commit to being a good part of the group -- reading and commenting regularly. But I do want to try to blog daily during March so that my poem-a-day project in April won't be such a shock to my system!




5 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea for daily writing. I agree about the safety net for teachers. I have some small nets and some larger. You are in my large net of blogging, teaching, writing tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you a hug. Wise words from a wise woman and poet and I'm glad I'm a subscriber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wished that you would slice. You are such an amazing writer that I know that they would be beautiful. And yet your approach makes perfect sense. Of course you wouldn't slice if you didn't also assume all of the other responsibilities that being a member of the community entails. Once again, your huge integrity blows me away. As does your creativity. I can't wait to read the rest of these truths. And hear more about your month of poetry. I'm hoping to do better with poetry this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to read your nuggets of goodness this month. I love your focus and purpose for writing and think it will nourish my soul. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww man! What a great idea, and I wish I weren't 11 days behind. Can't wait to enjoy all these...

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.