Sunday, March 18, 2018

31 Teaching Truths

Photo by Fischer Twins via Unsplash

18. Be prepared.

Sometimes I forget how smoothly things flow when I make extensive and detailed plans. Last week when we were ramping up our long division skills back to where 4th grade leaves off, I not only created strategically mixed-ability small groups, but I also planned out where in the classroom each group would work. Gone was the chaos of choosing a partner and finding a spot to work.

If only there were enough hours in the day to plan that way for every subject every day all week long.


3 comments:

  1. You're echoing so many teachers at this point in the year "Gone was the chaos of choosing a partner and finding a spot to work." Isn't it crazy how "choose a partner and your room collapses" Oh how I wish I could prepare for every subject with such diligence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My intervention groups go so much better when I have everything planned and laid out ahead of time. And I wish I did that every day, and some days I do, but there are other days…

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cry of every teacher everywhere: "If only I had time to..."

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.