Saturday, April 25, 2020

I Have a New Friend




I Have a New Friend

I have a new friend.
We've never met.
She chalks art and exercise challenges on the sidewalk.
She leaves the chalk out.
I write and draw my thanks.
Her chalk sticks became a pile of chalk pebbles.
I left a package on her porch --
Highlights magazines and gently used sidewalk chalk.
She left a package on my porch --
coloring pages, crayons and markers, four Cra-Z-Loom bracelets.
And a note.
I have a new friend named Annie.
We've never met.


©Mary Lee Hahn, 2020


4 comments:

  1. Special things are happening, despite all the tough ones. Nice to read, Mary Lee. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. Love that you have Highlights and chalk to leave. I have to start making something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful...you and Annie, your blossoming friendship and the poem it inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you continue to have lovely exchanges like these, Mary Lee. Thank you for sharing. It was a pleasant surprise to find sidewalk chalk was hard to find in stores--feels hopeful that people are creating and connecting through chalk.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.