Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer Goals Meme -- Round Up

Franki got this thing going last week, and it looks like I'm just about the last one to jump in. Folks have written lyrical goals, terse goals, single goals, I'm-already-defeated goals, and admirable goals. I want to write challenging-but-attainable goals. (In order to be attainable, number 2 will begin in earnest on July 2, after we have returned from Europe.)

1. In an attempt to slow summer down and savor every minute, I vow to make fewer lists. (Ignore the fact that this is a list, please.)
2. I will exercise EVERY morning and walk EVERY morning that it's not raining. EVERY. (Embedded in this one is a daily glance at the ceiling to say, "Thanks for another day above ground.")
3. I will write in my writer's notebook EVERY day. (Embedded in this one is a close attention to what's right in front of me, reminiscing about what's behind, and anticipation for what lies ahead.)
4. Make multi-tasking an endangered species in my life. Focus. On. One. Thing. At. A. Time. Be a better listener.


Here's a round up of what I could find with a Google blog search as of today at 6:30 pm. If I missed you, or if you didn't get tagged and you want to join in the fun, leave a note in the comments and I'll include you!

Liz in Ink
Kevin's Meandering Mind
Two Writing Teachers
Becky's Book Reviews
Jen Robinson
nothing of importance (my everyday blog)
A Teacher's Life
Sarah Miller
Read, Read, Read
Greetings From Nowhere
Things Mean A Lot
creative literacy
Authentic Learner
My Breakfast Platter
My World-Mi Mundo
Franki started it all!

edited to add:
Read Write Believe
Literate Lives

3 comments:

  1. Those are some great goals, Mary Lee! I'm going to try and get this one done over the weekend. I need some clarity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I saw that Jen tagged you and that you stated your intention to "goalify," but what with all that's going on in the macrocosm of Iowa and the microcosm of your family, I say, Get to them when you get to them. They might not be so important in the big picture...or they might be an anchor for you. Whichever is true and whenever you get done, let me know, and I'll round you up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ML - look for Bill's and mine to be posted in the next day or so. Our first goal will be to not procrastinate!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.