Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dear Deer



Dear Deer: A Book of Homophones by Gene Barretta

Another great book about Homophones. Since I have been building my collection of word play books, I have been keeping my eye out for new titles. I thought I had plenty of them about homophones but this one is too fun to pass up. It beats the others that I have. I think I would have bought it based on the cover alone. The cover illustration is quite colorful! But the inside is just as good.

The "plotline"of the book is that Aunt Ant has moved to the zoo and is writing to her friend Deer (Dear Deer,) about some interesting animal behaviors. For example: The monkey will tell you a TALE as he hangs from his TAIL.

Kids will love this book and I think it will help them that both words are often part of the same sentence. The illustrations are colorful and inviting.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:47 AM

    I am such a big fan of things like this. Whole hole. Flew flue. Dear Deer. Can't wait to read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this. I have been looking for a good book on just this topic!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.