Friday, October 12, 2007

Snow Day! by Lester Laminack




I know it is a little bit early for a snow day here in Ohio, but with the stress and drowning that we have been feeling for the last few weeks, it is nice to fantasize about the possibility of a snow day in our future. If you have not seen Lester Laminack's new book SNOW DAY, it is a must have--for pretty much anyone who has ever anticipated a snow day.

When I picked up the book, I thought it was going to be about an actual snow day--what kids did on a snow day, etc. But, no! This book is about the anticipation of a snow day! You know, that feeling you get when you turn on the weather and see that a snowstorm is coming your way and has a 90 percent chance of hitting your town just a few hours before sunrise? This book captures THAT feeling and it captures it perfectly.

Reading the book reminds you of the feelings that teachers and kids have when there is a very good possibility of a snow day!

It is one we need to buy and read to kids when that snow forecast comes in. Maybe it will be the new tradition--if we read Lester Laminack's book at bedtime, the snow will come:-)

1 comment:

  1. I've been excited about getting my hands on this book ever since I heard Lester speak last summer. Thanks for writing about it... I can start dreaming now! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.