Wednesday, May 02, 2012

How Technology Really Works by Clive Gifford

Cover to Cover sold books at the Literacy Connection event on Saturday. I always love to buy books at this event because there are always a few new books that I haven't seen. One of my new favorites from my purchases on that day was HOW TODAY'S TECHNOLOGY REALLY WORKS by Clive Gifford.  There are so many fascinating topics covered in this book. Topics include information on game controllers, camcorders, and spy tech.



 This is part of a new Scholastic Discover More series that I think I am going to love!




I like the fact that there are books for various age groups. I love the idea of digital companions. I love the topics and the layouts. I am always looking for books with 2 page spreads, especially nonfiction--to use with kids in minilessons. I think this series will be great for independent reading as well as minilesson work.  Can't wait to see the others in the series!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get my hands on these books the kids will love these books like they love Life Size Zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two in this series and never knew about the digital companion!! THanks for posting Franki:)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.