Monday, March 31, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Thanks to Jen and Kellee for hosting It's Monday! What Are You Reading!  Stop by Teach Mentor Texts or Unleashing Readers for the round up and see what others in the blog community are reading.

This does not feel like enough reading for Spring Break week but it didn't end up to be a big reading week for me. But I did find some gems.

I've loved Jenny Offill since I read 17 Things I'm Not Allowed to Do Anymore so I was thrilled to see Sparky! by this author. A fun story about a girl who gets a pet sloth.


And Dan Santat has a new book out: The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend.  I received a review copy this week. A fun read! I need to reread and look more closely at his amazing art.  So much to look at!




And I was so happy to read Cynthia Lord's new book, Half a Chance. I love all of her books and loved this one as much as the others.



I am always looking for great nonfiction and Itty Bitty Kitty Committee looked like a good one. I spent some time browsing it and reading parts and pieces this week. Very cute kitties!


And I am about halfway through Under the Egg by Laura Marx Fitzgerald. I have heard lots about it so am happy to have a copy. I'm loving it so far!


10 comments:

  1. I love the cover of Sparky! The Adventures of Beekle looks great, too. :-) I still need to read Half a Chance. The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee looks adorable. I've heard about Under the Egg, too. I look forward to getting a copy. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for Beekle and Under The Egg, Franki. I have Half A Chance, will get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the covers of the two picture books, I'll have to look into them for my school library. Half a Chance looks really good, I love Cynthia's other books and am sure I will enjoy that one.
    The Monster Report

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great books this week, I'm not really a cat person but even I have to admit a title like The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee made me go "Awwww..." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Sparky this week too. My grandson loved it and apparently knew all about sloths. Beekle-I have to get it. I love Dan Santat's illustration style. The cover is enough to make me want to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Itty Bitty Kitty book would be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Beekle! Santat's artwork is amazing. I have Under the Egg on my very soon TBR list! Can't wait to see what you think of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sparky was fun for me. I do like sloths especially after reading A Little Book of Sloth. I am eager to see Beekle too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge Santat fan! My library doesn't have Beekle yet, but I'm definitely going to keep looking for it. Definitely going to get Sparky and Cynthia Lord's book as well.
    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Franki, the Dan Santat book caught my eye, looks like a book that would resonate with me. I have yet to read Cynthia Lord's novels, looks like Half a Chance is a good place to start. Hope to find Sparky soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.