Monday, March 24, 2014

It's Monday!


Not only is it Monday (for a few more hours), it's also Spring Break, so my stack is toweringly optimistic.

Right before break, I finished listening to Code Name Verity. It was all kinds of brilliant, so I'm listening to Rose Under Firenext.

Maxine Kumin's final book And Short the Season: Poemscame. I'll savor it and make it last.

Franki loaned me Nightingale's Nestand I have Shannon Hale's Dangerousfrom the library.

I've hoarded a few books I ordered for the classroom library until I can read them:

Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble
Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Big Bad Ironclad!
Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Donner Dinner Party
Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: One Dead Spy

I think the final Lunch Lady (Lunch Lady and the Schoolwide Scuffle) is back on the shelf in my classroom -- I released it into the wild before I read it, so I may sneak back into school and read it while I can.

I have about twelve professional books stockpiled, but I'm not kidding myself. I hope to read:

Celebrating Writers: From Possibilities to Publication

Falling in Love with Close Reading: Lessons for Analyzing Texts--and Life
Assessment in Perspective: Focusing on the Readers Behind the Numbers
Rethinking Intervention: Supporting Struggling Readers and Writers in Grades 3-6 Classrooms

Looks like some good reading weather the next few days! (...making lemonade, in case you were wondering...)


8 comments:

  1. The Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales are AWESOME! I cannot wait to hear what you think.
    I always have professional titles that I want to read, but it is so hard to fit them in all the time! I usually just read parts, but I know I need to spend some time finishing them all.
    I am going to read Rose Under Fire soon--I look forward to hearing what you think.

    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:16 PM

    I absolutely loved Code Name Verity and Rose Under Fire. Just in awe of Wein's writing. I'm hoping to get to Rethinking Intervention this week, too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your weather insert - yes, looks like good reading weather! I am also planning to read Rose Under Fire soon. It is in my "soon" TBR pile (many, many piles) Nightingale's Nest also on my list. Have heard amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy reading, Mary Lee! I listened to Code Name Verity, but I think I want to read Rose Under Fire in print. Anything with a non-traditional structure increases my need for paper and the ability to flip back and orient myself repeatedly:>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Mary Lee, a towering pile of books is always something to look forward to. Happy Spring Break! My daughter's on a break as well and she has a few of her bookish friends over for some Just Dance marathon, but she's also been doing quite a bit of reading (she just finished Book 3 of Harry Potter and starting on the 4th one). I took a personal leave in the coming two days for a blissful long weekend just reading and doing a bit of traveling too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are honored to make the list -- would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks
    Clare and Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm humbled to make your list, Mary Lee! Sounds like it's going to be a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful spring break! I wish you many hours of reading.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.