Monday, August 25, 2008

Chester's Back!

Chester's Back!
by Mélanie Watt
Kids Can Press
September, 2008
review copy provided by the publisher

Mélanie Watt does her best to give us a new book starring Chester, the gigantic tortoiseshell cat with the equally gigantic attitude. But he's got his red marker in high gear and he hardly lets her get a word in edgewise. In the end, he lets down his guard and Mélanie gives him exactly what he asked for. Exactly. To his great dismay.

Both Chester and Chester's Back would make a great books for reader's theater for two voices. I get to be Chester, okay?

4 comments:

  1. I love the readers' theater idea. That would be such fun.

    We just got this one yesterday and I read it to my kindergartner. She loves all of Melanie Watts books, but I think they are slightly over her head. It will be interesting to see how her reactions to them change over time as she begins to understand them even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't wait to get my hands on this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! More Chester? Awesome. Thanks for the tip.

    My girls love Chester and did even when the book was a bit sophisticated for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy news! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.