Monday, October 26, 2009

A Great Read Aloud for November

I am not always a big fan of holiday books. I read them and like them but they are not the books that kids read year round so I don't often spend much energy finding good ones. But my friend Sarah pointed this one out to me and I am so glad she did. TURKEY TROUBLE by Wendi Silvano will be a fun story to read to kids in November. It is a bright colored book that is lots of fun. The story is a bout a Turkey who is in trouble because Thanksgiving is near. And Turkey knows what that mean. So, he works to try to disguise himself so that the farmer wouldn't eat him. The book takes us through lots of Turkey's ideas and the responses from the other animals on the farm. There is a little bit of predictability in the text and fun in the illustrations. You can't help but love Turkey and hope for the best. A great addition to our Thanksgiving book collection!

1 comment:

  1. My little library patrons love holiday books all year round. I'm amazed in August and Sept. they already have Christmas books in hand. This looks like a great November read and would match nicely with Eve Bunting's "A turkey for Thanksgiving."

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.