Tuesday, October 20, 2009

National Day on Writing!


It's finally here! NCTE's National Day on Writing!

Check out the Kidlitosphere's Gallery, "A Lifetime of Reading."

KidLitCon09 attendees had this to say about their lifetime of reading:



Thanks to the folks who agreed to appear on camera (in order of appearance):

Pam Coughlan (MotherReader),
Jen Robinson (Jen Robinson's Book Page),
Melissa Fox (Book Nut),
Karen Terlecky (Literate Lives),
Bill Prosser (Literate Lives),
Sara Lewis Holmes (Read, Write, Believe),
Tricia Stohr-Hunt (The Miss Rumphius Effect),
Olgy Gary (Olgy's Blog),
Julie Dauksis (Grow Up With Books),
Lara Ivey (Grow Up With Books),
Terry Doherty (Scrub-a-Dub-Tub),
Maureen Kearney (Confessions of a Bibliovore), and
Greg Pincus (GottaBook).

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:53 AM

    I came up blank with writing something...like your kids, getting a writing prompt and not know what to write. But this is way cool. Love the purple glasses btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very cool, Mary. Thanks for putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man, this is swell!!! Thanks you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for having us participate! Taking time to write about a book memory has sparked a conversation with my mom that I will be sharing with my children. Munro Leaf being buddies with your grandfather is a very cool connection that needs to be shared. You are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mary Lee, what a great way to keep the vibe alive from the weekend. Finishing up the videos with Greg (Alister Cooke) Pincus is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out amazing, ML!!! So glad you put the time into doing it. Those thoughts are all priceless!

    BUT, why are you not on the video, my friend????

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! Thanks for putting all these together! What a great writing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this turned out great! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun! What a great idea and you put it all together so well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for putting this together, Mary Lee! I loved seeing the faces and putting actual voices with the people who I have been following for years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is fabulous! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great video, Mary Lee! I just got around to looking at it. I too came up blank for writing something. And yes, I also felt like a kid with a writing prompt. Somewhere in the this process I have gotten shy with my words. But I am sure am glad to read everyone what everyone else wrote. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great little video! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.