Monday, April 18, 2011

Patrick Carman on Multimedia Books

I recently had the opportunity to interview author, Patrick Carman for Choice Literacy. In this podcast, Patrick Carman talks about his commitment to literacy and the role multimedia can play in hooking kids into reading.  If you are interested, you can listen to the podcast on the Choice Literacy site.

Patrick Carman also talked about this at a recent TED NYEd Talk.


If you had not had a chance to hear Patrick Carman speak about Mutlimedia books and the doors they can open, I would highly recommend it. He really helped me see possibilities for students that I hadn't seen before.  Also, if you had not had time to take a look at his multimedia books (Skeleton Creek, Trackers) or his new 3:15 project, they are brilliant.  I promise they will totally hook you.  Great stories and amazing use of various forms of media.  I love the fact that Carman has some multimedia books and then more traditional books that kids can go to once they get hooked on his writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on.