Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Caldecott Hopes

I have read quite a few picture books this year. Lots of the CYBILS shortlisted books are not eligible for the Caldecott. But, I did see lots of great picture books during my reading for the CYBILS and throughout the year. Here are the ones I hope win the Caldecott. I don't know if they are all eligible, but I love them all. (And, I am not good at predicting these either...)

The Princess and the Pea by Lauren Child
In My Heart by Molly Bang
Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor
Hippo! No, Rhino by Jeff Newman
Adele and Simon by Barbara McClintock
Walk On!: A Guide For Babies of All Ages by Marla Frazee
The Place Where Sunflowers Grow by Amy Lee-Tai

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:23 PM

    Hi Franki,

    I'm glad you liked Hippo! No, Rhino. I'm honored you put it on your list!

    Best,

    Jeff Newman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:22 PM

    I don't think The Princess and the Pea is eligible. Both the author and the photographer are British.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:17 PM

    Earthiegirl,

    I agree with Adele and Simon
    I like to add one book The Library Lion by Michelle Kundsen, illus. by Kevin Hawkes. To me it screams caldecott than again I might be little biased b/c I love the book. Can a British author not win the caldecott

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.