Monday, January 29, 2007

China In My Heart

I have been trying to get my hands on this book for a while and my good friend just sent a copy from me. CHINA IN MY HEART is a story written by a six-year old girl about her adoption. It is a great story--one that I am excited to add to our collection of books about adoption. As a mom of an adopted daughter, I keep my eye out for books that are true to the experience of adoption. This one is right from the heart. I applaud the publisher for publishing these books by kids. I am excited to share it with my daughter. I can also see sharing it with my students as a model for writing. It seems hard to find in the US. I think it is published in Canada.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:56 AM

    Oh - Oh - can't wait to order that one - as an adoptive mom, myself - I LOVE books like that. I posted some adoptive books on my blog today too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Franki,

    I was visiting the Chinasprout web site when I came across this terrific book. It's called Just Add One Chinese Sister. It's gotten great reviews and may be a good one to add to your collection.

    Regards,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.