Sunday, January 28, 2007

More Strong Girls in Children's Literature

I am loving my Sunday visits to HipWriterMama. Each Sunday, she highlights strong females in children's literature. She is the mother of 3 daughter and created the lists because:

"I want my children to read about strong girls who can take on whatever life gives them and still find hope, heroism and strength without losing a sense of themselves. I want them to have strong girl role models so they have something to aspire to, to dream about, to think about."

Another reason to look forward to Sundays!

(And don't forget about Jen Robinson's list of 200 Cool Girls in Children's Literature)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:10 AM

    Wow! I am so glad you're enjoying my Sunday Lists. I really enjoyed your article in The Edge of the Forest. We need more teachers like you, with your knowledge and empathy for children and reading. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:23 AM

    Thanks for the mention! I really have to update the Cool Girl's list one of these days. Once the Cybils are over, perhaps...

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.