Sunday, April 01, 2007

Fun Finds

At Chicken Spaghetti I learned that Deborah Wiles has a new book coming out in August! YAY!

At Mo Willems Doodles I found out about the Pigeon's new website. Love the voices and sound effects!

At Lois Lowry's Lowry Updates I read the beginning of the new Gooney Bird Greene book that will be out this month!

I clicked over to the SLJ website from Amy Bowllan's Blog to find out if I'm a "real" teacher (couldn't find the list; didn't need to, really) and found that a more accountable Encyclo-Wiki is starting up -- Citizendium.

And finally, via The Bonny Glen, and just in the nick of time for Poetry Month, I found out what poetry form I am:


I am the sonnet, never quickly thrilled;
Not prone to overstated gushing praise
Nor yet to seething rants and anger, filled
With overstretched opinions to rephrase;
But on the other hand, not fond of fools,
And thus, not fond of people, on the whole;
And holding to the sound and useful rules,
Not those that seek unjustified control.
I'm balanced, measured, sensible (at least,
I think I am, and usually I'm right);
And when more ostentatious types have ceased,
I'm still around, and doing, still, alright.
In short, I'm calm and rational and stable -
Or, well, I am, as much as I am able.
What Poetry Form Are You?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:22 PM

    Oops! Sorry about that. Here's the link and it's a hoot.

    http://www.teachingheart.net/funny.html

    Regards,
    Amy Bowllan

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.