Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Princess Pigsty by Cornelia Funke



This is the newest (I think) book by Cornelia Funke. I became a fan when I read INKHEART and DRAGON RIDER. But, I have also come to love her picture books. Her nontraditional approach to princesses makes me happy.

Princess Pigsty is the story of Princess Isabella. Princess Isabella's mother, the queen, thinks that "Our children must be the happiest children in the world" since they have servants who do all of the work and always have something soft to sit on. But Isabella isn't happy. She is curious and she want to be dirty AND she wants to do things for herself!

A great story about a princess with a mind of her own who teaches everyone a good lesson about being happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on.