Monday, April 30, 2012

April Mosaics



APRIL MOSAIC

The sky above
a yellow glove

Two observe
mushrooms curve

Long spikey
slow slippery

25 spot
3 cake pops

Bee in the window is dead
Cat in the window turns head

Tree in bloom
Vast amounts of room


River has meanders
Table has treasures


Cake plate view
(coins from 1892)

Sugar bowl twinkles
Cut glass crinkles

Flow Blue plate
Butter dish weight

Carnival glass shimmers
Tools made many dinners

Shot glass -- small
Pitcher -- tall

Pike's Peaking
Hawk's eating

Stack of three
Plate of cheese

Powell winery
Spring's green finery

Birdhouse gourds hang 
April's gone...dang!

© Mary Lee Hahn, 2012




Poem #30, National Poetry Month, 2012

All 30 poems for this month make a mosaic of their own, a different sort of glimpse into my world -- the poetic version of what I was seeing and doing and thinking about. Here is a link to my 2012 NPM Poems. (My April photo mosaic is on Flickr here.)

In March, the Poetry Tournament at Think Kid, Think! was a watershed moment for me as a writer. I changed my identity from "person who sometimes writes poetry" to Poet. I'm excited to see where this new direction in my writing will lead. I have a brand new PINK writer's notebook to start filling...beginning tomorrow!



Cathy, at Merely Day By Day, is joining me in a poem a day this month. Other daily poem writers include Amy at The Poem Farm, Linda at TeacherDance, Donna at Mainely Write, Laura at Writing the World for Kids (daily haiku), Liz at Liz in Ink (daily haiku), Sara at Read Write Believe (daily haiku), Jone at Deo Writer (daily haiku)...and YOU?




5 comments:

  1. You are the one who forced me to discover how to make those mosaics, Mary Lee, & I've always loved yours, & now in poetic form too! Beautiful poems, photos & month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary Lee what a beautiful visual presentation of your poetry! I am so impressed with how you link everything-thanks for sharing your poems with us for the month of April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever, such a perfect way to end the month. I'm finding myself hoping that each month's mosaic will include a poem! Congratulations on today being May 1! a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog!!! super loved your april mosaic :)
    how do you create your mosaics- i would love to do that with my students- thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl,

    Thanks for following us and for the compliments on my mosaic!

    I use Flickr photosets of my own photography, and the mosaic maker is at Big Huge Labs: http://bighugelabs.com/

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.