Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Books I've Recently Added to My Poetry Collection

Years and years ago, I realized I didn't have a great poetry collection in my classroom.  So, I decided that year to really focus on only buying poetry books and really building that area of the classroom library.  Once I had 20-30 great poetry books, kids started to notice. Every since then, I try to add several poetry books a year to the collection and I now have tons of great poetry books for kids. April is such a fun month to add to my poetry collection--so many new titles being released and always not-so-new ones that I haven't yet discovered. These are the books I've added to my collection this year and I love them all!




DEAR HOT DOG by Mordical Gerstein


FORGIVE ME, I MEANT TO DO IT by Gail Carson Levine


AMAZING FACES  by Lee Bennett Hopkins



OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW by Nicola Davies


EVERY THING ON IT by Shel Silverstein











STEP GENTLY OUT by Helen Frost

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:09 PM

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts about great poetry books. I don't really read a lot of poetry but I have read "Inside Out and Back Again" by Thanhha Lai. It would be a good book to read during National Poetry month because it is creative and shows the world in a different perspective than you might have thought.

    Jordan, Grade 5, Riverstone International School, Boise
    www.jordanbookstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.