Thursday, April 12, 2012

DECLARATION - a sky poem, a tree poem


DECLARATION

I
am sky,

background
for your silhouette.

We
are trees,

earthbound
artists of form and substance.


© Mary Lee Hahn, 2012



Poem #12, National Poetry Month 2012

I have another student who is choosing words from the dictionary for her poetry prompts. I decided to choose one with her yesterday. I got SILHOUETTE. She got MERMAID.

Cathy, at Merely Day By Day, is joining me in a poem a day this month. Other daily poem writers include Amy at The Poem Farm, Linda at TeacherDance, Donna at Mainely Write, Laura at Writing the World for Kids (daily haiku), Liz at Liz in Ink (daily haiku), Sara at Read Write Believe (daily haiku), Jone at Deo Writer (daily haiku)...and YOU?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:22 PM

    This is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lee, this is like an ode to the trees, just elegant, as they are! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dynamic duo. I loved this, "background of your silhouette."

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.