Friday, April 20, 2012

Chant of the Computer-Weary

Flickr Creative Commons Photo by newfilm.dk

CHANT OF THE COMPUTER-WEARY

update
download
Internet
code

password
fire wire
USB
load

keyboard
network
charger cord
mouse

sunshine
fresh air
out of the
house

© Mary Lee Hahn, 2012



Poem #20, National Poetry Month, 2012

Finally got the Internet issues resolved...this poem is a tribute to the joys and hassles of the connected life. I've got a lot of catching up to do tomorrow!




Cathy, at Merely Day By Day, is joining me in a poem a day this month. Other daily poem writers include Amy at The Poem Farm, Linda at TeacherDance, Donna at Mainely Write, Laura at Writing the World for Kids (daily haiku), Liz at Liz in Ink (daily haiku), Sara at Read Write Believe (daily haiku), Jone at Deo Writer (daily haiku)...and YOU?

3 comments:

  1. So right. While I love all the tech stuff, sometimes it's just too much. I love how you made this "quick", but most of it is not. Ah, the irony of that which is supposed to save us time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the breath of fresh air at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is PERFECT. From blogger to blogger, I thank you! I'd thought about taking April to just be outside, to turn my back on the Internet. But I did not. Maybe May? Thank you!! a.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.