Monday, April 09, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Thanks to Jen and Kellee at TEACH MENTOR TEXTS for organizing IT'S MONDAY! WHAT ARE YOU READING? Go visit their blog for more posts!


Last year, I read RUN LIKE A MOTHER-before I started running. Last week, the authors releassed a new book.  So, I spent some time with TRAIN LIKE A MOTHER by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea this week. This is not really a book that you read cover to cover. There are lots of running plans, running tip, etc. and the authors are supportive no matter where you are in your journey as a runner. I love reading about mothers who fit running into their life. Not only do these two write about their own experiences, but they have voices of others throughout the book. It is nice to hear about individual runner experiences.


I forget where I discovered this book-FORGOTTEN BOOKMARKS: A BOOKSELLER'S COLLECTION OF ODD THINGS LOST BETWEEN THE PAGES by Michael Popek. It is  collection of "bookmarks" that a second-hand bookstore owner has found in books over the years. This book comes out of a blog by the same name and there are great stories in here from the lives of readers. Great fun for any reader.



Jen at Teach Mentor Texts recommended THE NIGHT CIRCUS by Erin Morgenstern as a great adult novel and I fell in love with it on the first page. Unfortunately, I would love to have more time to sit and read it but am not getting that time.  But I am reading a bit a day and loving it. So glad to have a great adult novel in my stack.



I read about A MEAL OF THE STARS: POEMS UP AND DOWN by Dana Jensen at Carol's Corner and knew I had to have it. This is a fun book of poetry about things up and down. The fun is that you have to read some from top down and others from the bottom up!

5 comments:

  1. I've heard about the running books through Katherine S. & they do look good. I love the bookmarks book-it is fun to find little articles or notes inside books at the used bookstores. The others are on my TBR list for the same reasons, Franki. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgotten Bookmarks is in my Amazon cart and the blog is in my favorites list...thanks to you, Franki! I have just ordered A Meal of the Stars, and am almost finished The Fault in Our Stars...quite the segue, huh? I wish I could hug John Green for the true beauty of his writing. I will not forget Augustus or Hazel Grace....ever! That's what I am reading on Monday. Thanks so much for your blog posts always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tricia Tusa's illustrations! They are so sweet. She needs to make stickers or something like that...I love the colors and the faces she draws. I'm glad you are enjoying Night Circus! It's at the end of my rereading list but I'm hoping I'll get there. Even if I don't get there in April, I'll reread it. I am looking forward to rereading it and thinking about all Morgenstern does.

    AND I'm making an appointment with a foot doctor this week to see if I can solve my heel issues and get myself running again. I miss running. In my dream last night I was running. It was a message. I need to get back to it. I'm proud of you and your running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo- I want to listen to The Night Circus on audio, but there is a long waiting list at the library- hopefully I'll get it soon.

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow the Forgotten Bookmarks blog. I didn't realize that there was a book! A fascinating look into people's lives, isn't it? So neat.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.