Friday, April 13, 2012

Poetry Friday -- CAKE-KU - a cake pop haiku



CAKE-KU

Planet on a stick,
I orbit, hungry --
a drooling comet.

© Mary Lee Hahn


Poem #13, National Poetry Month 2012

This poem was written in collaboration with Franki. She made the cake pops for a gathering at her home last night, and she "donated them" to my poem-a-day project, along with providing the title and poetry form for today's poem. Thanks, Franki!!!


Anastasia has the Poetry Friday roundup today at Booktalking.


Cathy, at Merely Day By Day, is joining me in a poem a day this month. Other daily poem writers include Amy at The Poem Farm, Linda at TeacherDance, Donna at Mainely Write, Laura at Writing the World for Kids (daily haiku), Liz at Liz in Ink (daily haiku), Sara at Read Write Believe (daily haiku), Jone at Deo Writer (daily haiku)...and YOU?

14 comments:

  1. LOVE this (naturally). *drool, drool, bite*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I was getting this post ready!!

      Delete
  2. They look beautiful! And I'm not drooling so early this am, but might be later in the day if I look again. Love that 'planet on a stick'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, have you seen the cake pops decorated like planets?
    http://paperplateandplane.wordpress.com/2011/03/29/solar-system-cake-pops/
    and
    http://tradewindtiaras.blogspot.com/2011/10/diy-project-how-to-make-planet-pops.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Franki's the cake pop artist. Maybe she can try some planets next time -- they're so CUTE!!!

      Delete
  4. is it wrong that all i could think about was that cakey planet falling into a black hole... called my mouth!

    fun (yum) stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can picture now is Marie Antoinette saying: Let them eat cake pops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cake-ku reminds me of pie-ku. (Remember that? Scroll down http://tabathayeatts.blogspot.com/2010/09/autumn-giveaway.html )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! You so took the physical and made it fun with words. Great use of cake-pops! Personally, I just ate mine when I got home. A little sorry I didn't take another. Drooling as I looked at your picture / read your poem. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your drooling comet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I orbit, hungry" that is brilliant! Love that even cake pops can be the center of a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Mary Lee! How lovely! I love *planet on a stick* - inspired! Yum yum cake pops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny! You would not have had to put a picture of Franki's cake pops here as it is exactly what I pictured when I read your words. Little planets on a stick. Yum!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.